Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim has revealed his cabinet, which includes BN chairperson Ahmad Zahid Hamidi as deputy prime minister I and GPS’ Fadhillah Yusof as deputy prime minister II.
In a televised address tonight, the Pakatan Harapan chairperson said the cabinet would comprise 28 ministers, in 22 ministries, and four portfolios in the Prime Minister’s Department.
He said that the strength of the unity government was reaching nearly two-thirds in the Dewan Rakyat.
Below is the line-up:
1) Prime Minister and Finance Minister Anwar Ibrahim (Harapan chairperson, PKR president)
2) Deputy Prime Minister cum Rural and Regional Development Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi (BN chairperson)
3) Deputy Prime Minister and Plantations and Commodities Minister Fadillah Yusof
4) Local Government Development Minister Nga Kor Ming
5) Communications Minister Fahmi Fadzil
6) Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Economy) Rafizi Ramli
7) Education Minister Fadhlina Sidek
8) Health Minister Zaliha Mustafa
9) Transport Minister Anthony Loke
10) Defence Minister Mohamad Hasan
11) Works Minister Alexander Nanta Linggi
12) Home Minister Saifuddin Nasution Ismail
13) International Trade and Industries Minister Tengku Zafrul Abdul Aziz
14) Higher Education Minister Mohamed Khaled Nordin
15) Science and Technology Minister Chang Lih Kang
16) Agriculture Minister Mohamad Sabu
17) Women, Family, and Community Development Minister Nancy Shukri
18) Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Law) Azalina Othman Said
19) Foreign Minister Zambry Abdul Kadir
20) Unity Minister Ago Dagang
21) Human Resources Minister Sivakumar Varatharaju Naidu
22) Religious Affairs Minister Mohd Na’im Mokhtar
23) Youth and Sports Minister Hannah Yeoh
24) Tourism Minister Tiong King Sing
25) Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Sabah and Sarawak) Armizan Mohd Ali
26) Entrepreneur Development and Cooperative Minister Ewon Benedick
27) Domestic Trade and Cost of Living Minister Salahuddin Ayub (Pulai MP)
28) Natural Resources, Environment, and Climate Change Minister Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad (Setiawangsa MP)
Interestingly, when reading out the list of ministers, Anwar left out naming Sivakumar Varatharaju Naidu (Batu Gajah MP) as the human resources minister in his address.
Beyond the cabinet, Hassan Marican has been named as chief adviser to Petronas.
The new cabinet will be sworn in at 3pm tomorrow.