TAKING A LEAF FROM NAJIB & ZAHID, PERAK EXCO PAUL YONG BACK AT WORK DESPITE FACING RAPE CHARGES

TRONOH state assemblyman Paul Yong announced today he has resumed his duties as state exco for Housing, Local Government, Public Transport, Non-Muslim Affairs and New Villages.

He said the decision was made after discussions with Menteri Besar Ahmad Faizal Azumu.

“The menteri besar supports me resuming my duties as usual,” he said in a statement today.

On August 25, Yong announced that he had agreed to go on leave from his official duties to focus on the rape case trial he was facing from November 11.

On August 22, Faizal had advised Yong to go on leave out of respect for the legal process.

Meanwhile, Perak State Assembly Speaker Ngeh Koo Ham said he would not interfere in whether Yong was allowed to answer questions at the state assembly sitting, as he had previously said he would be on leave.

“Under the law, Yong is still Tronoh state assembly, still an exco. The menteri besar is the one who decides who should answer the questions. The menteri besar is the one who makes the decisions. I only chair the sittings,” he said outside the Perak State Assembly today.

– Bernama

.