THE former Barisan Nasional administration had sold more than RM4 billion worth of public-owned land in seven years, while the current government has not sold any since taking over in May last year.
Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng said this to refute allegations by the opposition that the Pakatan Harapan administration has been on a spree selling government land and assets after coming to power.
Lim added during Najib Razak’s administration, 16 land sales had occurred between 2010 and 2017, many of them through direct negotiations.
“Those leaders of the previous administration who have continually accused the Pakatan government of selling land and government assets should stop their baseless accusations and own up that this is a common practice of the government they had been a part of,” Lim said in a statement.
In terms of value, the largest was RM1 billion in Jalan Lembah Ledang, Kuala Lumpur while the lowest in value was in Jalan Cochrane, worth more than RM32.146 million.
The top five according to sale value are:
* Lot HSD 119602, PT 26 Section 51, Kuala Lumpur, 80,988 m2/20.0125 acres in size, through direct negotiations in 2013 worth RM1 billion.
* GRN 78883 Lot 481123 Jalan Lembah Ledang, Kuala Lumpur, 77,450 m2/19.138 acres in size through direct negotiations in 2016 worth RM646 million.
* Plot A1, Plot A2, Plot A3, Plot A4 Plot B1 Jalan Cochrane, Kuala Lumpur, 173,573.72 m2/42.891 acres in size through direct negotiations in 2011 worth more than RM532 million.
* GRN 49282 Lot 11972 Mukim Ampang, Kuala Lumpur 55,441.933 m2/13.7 acres in size through limited tender in 2011 worth more than RM334 million.
* GRN 49800 Lot 342 Section 63 Jalan Conlay, Kuala Lumpur 13,992 m2/3.46 acres in size through direct negotiations in 2017 worth RM325.5 million.
The next five most valued sales are:
* Lot 44, Bandar Kuala Lumpur and the Tun Hussein Onn memorial (excluding RM50 million in compensation) 16,755.2 m2/4.1403 acres in size through direct negotiations in 2014 worth RM250 million.
* Lot 1220 & Lot 1222, Section 69, Kuala Lumpur 49,980 m2/12.3503 acres in size through direct negotiations in 2013 worth more than RM283 million.
* GRN 85981 Lot 14622, Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor (INSPEN 1) 80,335 m2/19.8512 acres in size through direct negotiations in 2013, worth RM225 million.
* PT 457, Jalan Hang Tuah, Kuala Lumpur 18,453.66 m2/4.56 acres in size through direct negotiations in 2016 worth more than RM192 million.
* Lot 301, GRN 17113 Section 63, Kuala Lumpur 27,539 m2/6.805 acres in size through direct negotiations in 2011 worth RM162.8 million.