SHOULD GAY SEX-TAINTED AZMIN RELAX OR HIT THE PANIC BUTTON? IGP LETS THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG – ‘NO TIMELINE’ AS TO WHEN COPS WILL FINALIZE PROBE INTO GAY SEX VIDEO – YET PROMISES TO ‘TAKE ACTION AS SOON A POSSIBLE’

IGP Datuk Seri Abdul Hamid Bador during the press conference after launching the Autism: Police SOP roadshow yesterday. NORAFIFI EHSAN / The Star

KUALA LUMPUR: Bukit Aman will take the necessary actions to conclude investigation into the sex video said to implicate Economic Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Azmin Ali as soon as possible, says Datuk Seri Abdul Hamid Bador.

The Inspector-General of Police said the investigation papers (IP) have been submitted to the Attorney General’s Chambers and they have instructed for further action to be taken in terms of gathering evidence.

“We will take the necessary action and resubmit the investigation papers to the AG’s Chambers.

“We have no timeline as to when we will resubmit the IPs but we will take action as soon as possible. This case has gone on long enough,” he told a press conference after a visit by Chief Secretary to the Government Datuk Seri Dr Ismail Bakar to Bukit Aman’s Special Action Unit (UTK) on Sunday (Sept 8).

The police will ensure that action will be taken against those in the video and the ones who spread the clips, he added.

Earlier this week, Umno supreme council member Datuk Lokman Noor Adam who went for a second round of questioning at Bukit Aman over the sex video said he had handed over an original video forensic report.

Lokman said the report was by Verden Forensics in Britain.

“Prior to this, I have sent a copy of the 55-page report via WhatsApp to the investigators.

“However, the police asked me to come today (Sept 3) to hand over the original report and record my statement,” he told reporters.

If there is still inaction by the authorities on this matter, he said he would pursue legal action.

Lokman said it had been almost three months since he lodged a report on the video and there should be a prosecution by now.

The case is being investigated under Section 377B of the Penal Code for carnal intercourse against the order of nature, Section 292 of the same code for distributing obscene materials and Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act for distributing prohibited content.

Former Santubong PKR Youth chief Haziq Abdullah Abdul Aziz has confessed publicly that he was one of the two men in the video and alleged that the other person was Azmin.

– ANN

Police still tracking whereabouts of Anwar’s aide, says IGP

Police are still tracking PKR president Anwar Ibrahim’s aide Farhash Wafa Salvador Rizal Mubarak in connection with an assault case, despite the complainant retracting his report.

“Police are still tracking his whereabouts,” Inspector-General of Police Abdul Hamid Bador told reporters in Cheras today.

“We will record his statement and forward the investigation paper to the deputy public prosecutor for them to decide whether to make it NFA (no further action) or otherwise.”

Asked whether the complainant was threatened to withdraw the police report, Hamid only said that his statement would be recorded as well.

The complainant had initially accused Farhash and his friends of attacking him outside the Arena All Stars sports complex in Ampang on the night of Aug 31.

The complainant claimed to have been attacked by a group armed with helmets, knives, and chairs, despite his three companions’ attempts to stop the assailants.

He reportedly suffered wounds in his waist, injuries throughout his body, and pain in his genital area.

Five men, aged between 22 and 28, were arrested in connection with the incident.

Farhash had promised to fully cooperate with police investigations, but has yet to do so.

Sex video probe ongoing

On a separate matter, Hamid (photo) reiterated that the sex videos involving two men, including one resembling Economic Affairs Minister Mohamed Azmin Ali, are still being investigated.

“Police are in the midst of gathering certain evidence, as instructed by the Attorney-General’s Chambers. The investigation is ongoing, it is not closed.

“We don’t decide on the time-frame. We are aiming to solve the case as soon as possible, both in terms of who spread the video and the perpetrators in the video,” he said.

Following the release of the initial video clips in June, former Santubong PKR Youth chief Haziq Abdullah Abdul Aziz had claimed to be one of the men in the video.

Haziq claimed the romp took place in a hotel room in Sabah during the Sandakan by-election on May 11, and that the other man in the video was Azmin. He also said that the video had been taken without his consent.

On Sept 5, six more video clips featuring the two men were released to members of the media and several politicians.

Azmin, the PKR deputy president, described the video as a nefarious attempt to ruin his political career. Several quarters have also claimed the video could be a deepfake.

In July, Hamid said that Cybersecurity Malaysia found the video to be authentic, but that facial recognition failed to link Azmin to one of the two men featured in it.

– M’kini

.