DAP to decide on Paul Yong soon, says Guan Eng

DAP will soon make an announcement if it will take any action against Perak exco Paul Yong, who is facing a rape charge.

Its secretary-general Lim Guan Eng today said party leaders have shared their views on the matter with Perak DAP and an official statement on the matter will be issued soon.

“Party leaders have shared their opinions on this matter with the state leadership. I believe a statement will be issued soon.

“Let’s just wait for that,” said Lim after attending an event in Bagan, Penang.

Earlier this week, Yong was charged at the Ipoh Sessions Court with raping his Indonesian maid at his house last month.

However, he has refused to take leave from his Housing, Local Government, Public Transport and Non-Islamic and New Village Affairs portfolio.

Yong, who is Tronoh assemblyman, refused to go on leave despite having been advised to do so by Perak Menteri Besar Ahmad Faizal Azumu pending his court case, saying he wants to continue serving the people.

Perak DAP chairman Nga Kor Ming had declined to comment when asked if the party would take action against Yong.

He said any statements made relating to the case could spark various reactions and be considered subjudice.

“The case is now in court, so we cannot comment on it. I will not issue any statement on the issue for now. Thank you.”

On July 9, Nga, who is also Dewan Rakyat deputy speaker and Teluk Intan MP, had said in a statement that appropriate action will be taken depending on the outcome of the investigation by the authorities against Yong.

– https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/

.