There is no need for Kit Siang to debate Najib. The correct position to take in regard to the invite to debate by Najib is to turn it down. This should be on the following basis,
1. Najib is no longer the PM and not in power. He is a nobody now. The people are not interested to listen to him. We had enough of his side of the story.
2. Najib is now facing numerous court trials and more to come. Such debates might be subjudice and might affect the trials.
3. Najib is trying to control the situation and gain popularity among the rural, hardcore extremist, the shameless bossku geng, and those not well educated on the topic such as people who don’t understand the technicalities of court proceedings, trials, police conduct, the enormous and immensity of the corrupt conduct, money laundering, international practices etc. By debating with him, his target is not to score points or convince the educated section of society, but to further manipulate the not so well versed section of the community, their thoughts and feelings. He would achieve this by talking about how had helped ppl, dishing out various goodies like Brim n etc, race religion issues, manipulating of facts in regards to the various corruption and abuse of power under his rule.
4. Kit Siang would only be helping him to achieve his agenda by debating him. It serves no purpose to the building of our new Malaysia.. The majority of the Rakyat already rejected Najib n BN in the last poll. We are now not in evaluation mode on who is wrong or right. Please focus on more important matters.
5. Full trust should now be placed on the justice system of the country. It is the courts that should decide on his guilt and innocence. This, the people are interested to follow.
Sudhagaran Stanley writes in his personal capacity. He is the Northern Region coordinator for the Center to Combat Corruption and Cronyism (C4)