KUALA LUMPUR: A lawmaker from DAP today asked who would investigate Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) chief commissioner Dzulkifli Ahmad over his alleged expensive holidays to Bali and Hong Kong.
Referring to a video that had gone viral, Teo Nie Ching (DAP-Kulai) said she was not interested in whom Dzulkifli had gone on holiday with.
However, she said there were allegations that his holiday in Bali had cost at least RM50,000, while his hotel bills alone in Hong Kong were said to be another RM50,000.
“I want to ask, can an MACC chief commissioner afford continuous and consecutive expensive holidays with his income? Or were the holidays paid for by cronies?
“I am not saying all the allegations in the video are true, but the most important question I want to ask is, who will investigate the chief commissioner if he is the one who has spent so much money to go on holiday in Hong Kong and Bali?” Teo asked while debating the Supply Bill 2018 in the Dewan Rakyat today.
She asked if a special task force would be set up to probe the allegations, and if Dzulkifli would be asked to go on leave pending investigations.
“This is because, if he does not relinquish his duties, or at least go on leave, can we trust MACC officers to probe the matter thoroughly and fairly, with no cover-up?”
Teo said there was a need to ensure that the MACC chief commissioner was someone with integrity, without a blemish on his record. Only then would the people have confidence in his ability to carry out anti-graft efforts, she added.
Police investigations are said to be ongoing into an alleged extramarital affair implicating Dzulkifli, with Inspector-General of Police Mohamad Fuzi Harun denying that nothing is being done regarding the issue.
He said the investigation papers had been sent to the Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC) twice, first on Oct 17 and again on Oct 30.
Both times, however, the papers were returned for further action.
This was after a video surfaced last month, allegedly showing Dzulkifli holding hands with a married woman in Bali.
The video was said to have been taken in July this year.
Another video clip showed flight tickets, hotel registration papers and footage of the couple and luggage being moved out of a hotel.
Dzulkifli previously responded to the issue by calling it “dirty and disgusting attacks” by people whom he did not identify.
Puchong MP Gobind Singh Deo meanwhile had questioned the lack of police action against high-ranking officials.
“The IGP is silent on the matter, the attorney-general is silent, and the MACC is silent and does not want to answer if he (the MACC chief) is the one in the video,” he said.
According to Attorney-General Mohamed Apandi Ali, the AGC has formed a task force to monitor the investigation on Dzulkifli under Section 498 of the Penal Code for enticing or taking away or detaining with criminal intent a married woman.