This news has gone viral since yesterday.
nothing wrong if rape victim marry rapist according to BN MP
suggested 9 yr-olds “physically and spiritually” ready for marriage
Tasek Gelugor MP Shabudin Yahaya said 12-15 yr girls older than their age
some aged 12 – 15, their bodies like 18-year-old women,” Shabudin
former Syariah court judge added girls puberty as young as 9 yrs
“physically and spiritually” ready for marriage
“..it’s not impossible for them to get married,” Shabudin said
adding “nothing wrong” with rape victim marrying rapist
it could serve as “remedy” to increasing number of social problems
rapist and victim should be “given 2nd chance to turn new leaf in life”
through marriage they can lead a healthier, better life
person who was raped does not have bleak future
She will have husband, remedy to growing social problems
My comments : This is too stupid to even comment. Before we engage in discussion there must be a certain minimum level of intelligence. Without a minimum intelligence level you cannot engage in conversation.
Can you imagine that this idiot was a syariah judge?
Being trained as a Syariah judge automatically means that most certainly he does NOT know the Quran.
This fellow says that 9 year old rape victims should marry the rapist.
1. What if the rapist is a serial rapist? Lets say the fellow rapes a dozen girls who are 9 years old, then should they all become his wives?
2. Or will there be serial rapists who will rape only FOUR girls – then he can have FOUR wives?
3. What if they rape more than FOUR girls? RUU355?
4. What if other than being a violent criminal the rapist is also a drug addict? Is it still a good thing for 9 yr old rape victims to marry the drug addict rapist?
In any case the girls will have to wait to get married until the rapist is released from jail.
5. What if a rapist rapes a 9 yr old who is already married, possibly to another rapist? Then what happens? Maybe the rapist did not know the 9 yr old was already married, to another rapist or otherwise. (Rapists rarely have time to check marital status of their victims).
6. And what about gang rape? Serambi Maksiat is the Malaysian capital of gang rape. Say seven fellows gang rape a 9 yr old or a 12 year old girl, then which among the seven gang rapists gets to marry the lucky girl?
7. What if a 9 yr old non Muslim girl is raped by a Muslim rapist? Then what happens? Will the girl be forced to become a Muslim – and then marry the rapist? Or who cares about the non Muslim kafirs?
8. What if a 9 yr old Muslim girl is raped by a non Muslim rapist? Will the rapist be required to forcefully convert to Islam so that he can marry his 9 year old victim?
9. What if a 9 yr old non Muslim girl is gang raped by seven Muslim rapists? Then what happens? Will the girl be forced to become a Muslim – and then marry one of the gang rapists? Which one?
10. What if a 9 yr old Muslim girl is gang raped by seven non Muslim rapists? Will the rapists be required to forcefully convert to Islam so that one of them can marry the 9 year old victim? So will the other six rapists be too traumatised because they could not marry the girl?
11. What if a 9 yr old non Muslim girl is gang raped by seven Muslim and non Muslim rapists? Then what happens? Will the girl be forced to become a Muslim – and then marry one of the Muslim rapists? Or she can remain a non Muslim and marry one of the non Muslim gang rapists? So will the other six rapists be too traumatised because they could not marry the girl?
12. What if a 9 yr old Muslim girl is gang raped by a gang of seven Muslim and non Muslim rapists? Will the non Muslim rapists be required to forcefully convert to Islam so that one of them can marry the 9 year old victim? So will the other six rapists be too traumatised because they could not marry the girl?
13. What if the rapist rapes a 7 year old girl? Or 8 year old girl? If the rapist cannot marry the 7 yr old, will he suffer too much trauma?
14. What about sodomy? What if a guy sodomises a 9 year old boy? What happens?
WHAT IS THE AGE OF MARRIAGE SUGGESTED IN THE QURAN ?
Here is part of Surah 4:6 from the Quran.
“And test the orphans [in their abilities] when they reach marriageable age. Then if you perceive in them sound judgement, release their property to them. . . “
“hatta balaghu al nikaaha” means ‘when / until they reach the age of marriage’.
All human beings know that the age of marriage firstly means physical and biological maturity to conceive children. To be able to procreate.
But according to the verse above (which has great wisdom) it is not just physical and biological maturity that should be a precursor for marriage.
When we take care of orphans and any properties they may have, and when they reach the age of marriage, we must test the orphans if they are capable of handling their own financial affairs; and hand over their property / wealth to them when they have sound judgement.
Meaning we as guardians or adoptive parents also have a responsibility to teach and guide the orphans so that when they reach the age of marriage, they must be able to manage their own affairs (money, assets, wealth, domestic expenses, running a household etc).
Meaning other than clearing puberty ie the biological age of marriage (balaghu nikaha) young people should also possess capacity on how to handle cash, money, wealth, property, manage household expenses etc.
All this indicates a certain amount of mental and intellectual maturity required to get married.
I dont know if a 9 yr old or a 12 yr old is psychologically and mentally capable of handling domestic affairs of running a home, family and husband.
Unless of course if they live simple hunter gatherer lives. Paku pakis and kangkung economy. But not likely anymore.
Through some great collective wisdom many countries around the world including Malaysia have set the minimum age of marriage for girls at 16. I believe 18 would be more suitable. At least they would have finished SPM.