FATAL SUPPER: SINGAPOREAN JUMPS FROM HIS HOTEL ROOM AFTER EATING ‘MAGIC MUSHROOMS’ IN BALI

BALI – A 23-year-old Singaporean has died after falling from his hotel room on Indonesia’s Bali island.

The student, identified by Indonesian media as Ong Chee Seng, reportedly fell from the Hotel Terrace in Badung, Bali, over the weekend.

Indonesian news site Tribun Bali reported on Monday that Mr Ong had reportedly eaten magic mushrooms – psilocybin mushrooms which have hallucinogenic effects – mixed with orange juice.

His body was found in a lane behind Hotel Akmani, Jalan Legian Kuta Badung, and taken to BIMC hospital in Kuta.

A spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs told The Straits Times on Monday night that the Singapore Embassy in Jakarta “is rendering consular assistance to the family of the deceased Singaporean”.

– ANN

.