SHAH ALAM –┬áKim Jong-Nam was in stable condition following medical treatment by the doctor at the klia2 Menara clinic prior to being sent to the Putrajaya Hospital, the High Court heard this morning.

Menara clinic doctor, Dr Nik Mohd Adzrul Ariff Raja Azlan said he had found Jong-Nam unconscious after being informed by his nurse at the clinic during the time of the incident.

“I checked his vital signs when he was placed in the treatment room.

“His blood pressure had shot up to a very high 220/129 before it went down to a low 70/40.

“His oxygen saturation level dropped from normal to 40% and I was unable to get a pulse reading,” he told the High Court, here, during the second day of the murder trial, today.

Nik Mohd who is the fourth prosecution witness in the trial said he then administered one ampule of atropine and adrenaline each to Jong-Nam in an effort to ensure that his heart was pumping more blood.

“After administering the medication, the patient was fixed with a high-flow mask to increase his oxygen level.

“His oxygen saturation level improved up to 67% while his blood pressure reading was at 92/70,” he said, adding that the improvement in his vitals signs eventually saw pulse registering a 19/100 beats per minute.

Questioned by deputy public prosecutor Muhamad Iskandar Ahmad on whether Jong-Nam had saliva and mucus drooling from his mouth and nose, he said following examination on his mouth, he noticed a mixture of saliva, vomit and blood.

“As his oxygen saturation levels was still low despite all non invasive action taken, I decided to incubate him by clearing his mouth and throat off those fluids before placing the oxygen tube and hydro mask.

“His oxygen saturation levels improved to 94%, while his blood pressure stabilised to 108/70 and pulse was recorded at 90/100 beats per minute,” he said.

However, despite being stable, Nik Mohd said that Jong-Nam needed to be transferred to a hospital with an ICU setting.

“I can’t remember exactly how many of us carried him on the stretcher to the ambulance.

“There were maybe four or five of us, including the nurses and paramedic as well as one police officer,” he replied to a question by defence counsel Gooi Soon Seng.

Nik said he learnt of Jong-Nam’s death when a paramedic informed him after the ambulance had arrived at the Putrajaya Hospital.

The trial will resume at 2pm.

Indonesian Siti Aisyah,25 and Vietnamese Doan Thi Huong, 29, along with four others still at large, were charged with the murder of Kim Chol, 45, at the KL International Airport 2 (klia2) departure hall at 9am on Feb 13 this year.

It was reported that Jong-nam was at klia2 on Feb 13 to board a flight to Macau when two women approached and suddenly wiped his face with toxic liquid which was later identified as the VX nerve agent.

Jong-nam, who travelled with a passport bearing the name of Kim Chol, died while on the way to the Putrajaya Hospital. He arrived in the country on Feb 6.

The murder charge under Section 302 of the Penal Code carries the mandatory death sentence upon conviction.

– Sundaily