CYBERJAYA – BMW Group Malaysia today announced the availability of the upgraded 4 Series Coupé and M4 Coupé.
The improvements cover appearance, performance, interior offering and added technology for connectivity.
The 4 Series Coupé is offered as a 420i and 430i in M Sport trim, priced at RM 338,800 and RM408, 800 respectively. The M4 is going for RM760,800.
The cars will be displayed during Raya @ BMW, held at all BMW dealerships from July 6-21. They will also be presented at the Revolution by Time Kulture which runs from July 6-16 at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur.
What’s new in 4 Series Coupé
– revised front and rear section
– modified air inlets in front,
– new bi-LED headlights instead of xenon units
– new apron, twin exhaust tailpipes with larger diameter
– all-LED tailights
– new 19-inch light alloy rims
– Snapper Rocks Blue colour as option for 420i
– stiffer suspension with adaptive damper settings for ride comfort
– Adaptive M Suspension with Driving Experience Control for 430i
– steering retuned for improved precision
– new ambient lighting
– latest touchscreen user interface with six tile icons on 8.8-inch display
– expanded BMW Connected services; concierge services only in 430i
The 420i offers 184hp with 270Nm torque, making the 0-100kph sprint in 7.5 seconds. The 430i offers a 252hp powerplant, producing 350Nm of torque to make acceleration from 0 to 100kph in 5.8 seconds.
What’s new in M4 Coupé
– BMW Adaptive Full-LED headlights and tailights
– redesigned and illuminated statement M emblems for front seats
Now edgier in its appearance, the M4 gets the typical M exterior mirrors, M gills, M Double Tailpipe, carbon roof and a powerdome.
The M Sport seats featuring width-adjustable side bolsters for perfect lateral support where the upright seats also apertures for effective ventilation on the racetrack. Aside from an M leather steering wheel with M Drive buttons, interior trim finishes in carbon fibre and premium chrome appliqué communicates a sense of confidence synonymous to the sports car.
The 3.0 litre M TwinPower Turbo in-line six-cylinder engine capable of up to 431hp at 7,600 rpm and a peak torque of 550Nm from 1,850 – 5,500 rpm. The high-revving engine promises an instantaneous response at the touch of the accelerator.
Other highlights include a cooling system where the performance temperature of the car is balanced with the main cooling system working in combination with an electric water pump to ensure a consistent temperature balance of the engine, much like racing cars.
Additionally, the consistency of the oil supply to the engine is maintained by a weight-optimised magnesium oil pan which limits the movement of the oil under strong dynamic lateral acceleration to ensure oil is supplied continuously to all the engine components.
“With the advancements introduced in the new models, we believe the 4 Series will continue to exceed expectations, while the M4 will prove that it is a multiple championship winner,” said BMW Group Malaysia managing director and CEO Han Sang Yun.