Maal Hijrah award doctor committed professional misconduct in Australia
award will not be revoked Pemenang said
recognition given to Dr A_har Am_r Hamz_h for exemplary service
recognition of expertise in field of urology
A_har once personal doctor of Nik Aziz Nik Mat
recently won Maal Hijrah award in medicine from Pemenang this year.
Pemenang committee did not know about his misconduct in Australia.
Pemenang said “offence committed long time ago”
“he was reported to have apologised”
Western Australia State Administrative Tribunal report
- A_har doctored patient records at Fiona Stanley Hospital
- to claim for overtime he was not entitled to.
- charged with professional misconduct during his international fellowship.
- tribunal on Sept 26 ordered him to return (RM23,550) in fraudulent claims
- and (RM38,200) in costs.
A_har returned the amount to hospital, tribunal stated in its report.
tribunal found him to claim overtime on 12 occasions
besides 61 recall claims between June 16, 2015 – June 15, 2016
all of which were false
also falsified patient records four occasions during same period by the tribunal.
A_har currently consultant urologist, USM Hospital, Kubang Kerian
A_har told FMT allegations “absolutely untrue”
directed his lawyers to put out statement soon.
2. Zakir Naik – Tokoh Maal Hijrah Malaysia 2013
- Naik denied entry into United Kingdom and Canada in June 2010
- Bangladeshi said gunman responsible for attack in Dhaka, which left 22 people dead, inspired by Zakir Naik.
- Bangladesh banned Peace TV, which Naik founded in 2006
- 18 July 2017, India revoked Naik’s passport following a recommendation from the National Investigation Agency.
- 28 July 2017, Zakir Naik declared a proclaimed offender and the process to attach his assets has been initiated, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) of India
3. Yusuf Qardawi – Pemenang Tokoh Maal Hijrah Malaysia 2009
- Yusuf al-Qaradawi, Egyptian theologian based in Doha, Qatar
- chairman of International Union of Muslim Scholars.
- on terror list announced by Saudi Arabia, Egypt, UAE and Bahrain.
- countries designated 59 individuals, 12 institutions financed terrorist organizations
This is some background on some people who have been proclaimed Tokoh Maal Hijrah both at national at state levels in Malaysia.
They are not clever. They are certainly less intelligent.